Ritual baths have been used for centuries to cleanse, clear unwanted energies, cast spells, set magical intentions and spiritually reset our minds and body. It's the perfect blend of cleaning our physical bodies while achieving a magical purpose and treating our spiritual selves.
Ritual baths are popular right now. From articles in fashion magazines to social media trends; everyone is getting in on the action. Ritual baths are no longer just in the realm of witches and dedicated spiritual practitioners.
But, not everyone has access to a bath, the time or even enough water to indulge in ritual baths. Let alone all the accoutrements required (according to the Pinterest version of a ritual bath). Yes, that was very tongue-in-cheek.
Enter - ritual showers. We shower most days so let's use that time well and talk about how to take a ritual shower.
How to take a Ritual Shower
- As you undress, think about your current state. Mentally, physically, and emotionally. Allow those cares to drop to the floor, even if just for a few moments.
- Turn on the shower and as you get to the right temperature, set your intention. Are you letting something go or drawing something in? Are you seeking ease or wanting to take advantage of a new opportunity? Allow that intention to be your focus.
- As you step into the shower, visualise any roadblocks to your goal washing away.
- Listen to the sounds of the water and hold the soap near your nose. Inhale and exhale deeply.
- Begin to lather the soap on your hands and wash your body.
- Visualise the soapy water simultaneously removing anything blocking your path and the water drawing your desires in.
- Keep the visualisation strong in your mind and say to yourself "and so it is".
- Finish your shower, dry off and dress as usual.
Add more oomph to your shower rituals
Get more personalised with your shower rituals by incorporating soaps that match
- your intention
- your star sign (sun, ascendent or moon)
- a sabbat you're celebrating
- or have ingredients that align with your spell work
For example, you might use Virgo Zodiac Soap when you're planning to start a big project or Full Moon Soap as the moon reaches its peak. Golden Dawn Soap could be the perfect pairing for Midsummer and Yule and Ritual Soap could work perfectly with a self-love spell.
Meditative moments of self-care
Try a shorter version of this shower ritual when you're washing your hands. Simply lather, focus on your intention and rinse off the bubbles. The key to this work is to set your intentions, visualise, and allow yourself to cleanse away more than just everyday dirt and grime.
We believe that physically cleansing the body is a good place to begin before any magical practice. Soap Cult creates a vast array of bar soaps that can play a key role in your witchcraft supplies. Made in Australia by a woman owned and run business, our line is vegan, palm-oil free and cruelty free.